Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm Coming Back.....

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'll be back soon. My dad's memorial service was a couple days ago and now I have no more pressing obligations. The garden is coming up, I just picked the first of my roses and the creative juices are starting to flow. I am SO done with knitting socks for a while....
Thanks for all your heartfelt messages. This past 18 months have been very difficult but they've certainly taught me a lot. Not the least of which is that death is inevitable so I should breathe deep of that wonderful late spring fragrance in the air and appreciate my life.
I like something Tasha Tudor once said. I have this quote pinned on the wall in my studio:
"But it's interesting to go back in ones mind, over what you've done in your youth, and then you realize that every day that passes you have one day less in this fantastic world, and you should make the most of it. But I think so few people appreciate what a privilege it is to live in this beautiful world. And it is a beautiful world."

2 comments:

country mouse said...

Welcome back, Angie! The blogging world missed you and your hearth and handcrafts = )

Unknown said...

I hear the service was quite something. I'm happy that you can now get back to being creative. Look forward to hearing about what you're up to. Linda